Long Path Library API
Create your own Long Path error 1320 fixing software using our Long Path API library! Ready to run templates and functions plus C#, C++, VB 6.0 usage samples inside.
The purpose of the Long Path API library
Long Path library allows accessing and performing typical operations with a file that has:
- very long path (more than 256 characters) – filename too long or path too long error 1320;
- unsupported characters in its name (e.g. trailing spaces);
Both NTFS and FAT volumes are supported.
The Long Path library is implemented as a DLL. It can be used with different environments and languages. The ones that were tried are:
- .NET Languages (C#, VB, Managed C++, etc.);
- C++ (MS Visual studio family, Borland C++ Builder, etc.);
- VB 6.0;
- and others.
There are a number of low level functions you can use to substitute the common Win32 API:
There are also classes like LongFileAndDirectoryManager (.NET), implementing some high level functionality using underlying low level functions.
Path Too Long Samples
There are several samples that demonstrate the library usage:
- C# sample, which demonstrates the file browser
- C# sample, which removes trailing spaces from a specified folder recursively
- C++ sample of library usage
- VB 6.0 sample of library usage
How to use
It is very easy to include it in your project. To use it with your project, you should perform the following steps:
- .NET Copy FileDirectoryManager.cs file to your project folder and include it into your solution.
- C++ include Import.h file to the solution.
- VB 6 Copy and include module LongPathModule.bas
Copy LongPathLibraryDLL.dll to your project folder and to Debug and Release folders.
For more information, please check the samples folder.
How to redistribute
Copy LongPathLibraryDLL.dll to your application folder and that’s it.
Limitations of trial version
Some functions in trial version are not available; all these functions are setting error code 0×5 (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED) with SetLastError function. You can check the results using the following code.
In .NET Marshal.GetLastWin32Error() == 0×5.
In C++ GetLastError() == ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED.
Following functions are limited:
- CreateFileL (limits opening existing files that are longer than 100 kb)
Order Long Path API library
If you have any questions regarding the product, purchasing, licenses etc, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org